Johnson's Corner

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Soccer, Car Wash, and Garden Update

First, it is soccer season...again. When Erik and I were growing up, we played soccer in the fall. That is when it is supposed to be played, FYI. But here they play it in spring and fall...? Anyway, so we're a couple of suckers and Adah played in spring, and then we signed both girls up for fall. I tried to get them on the same team, but my efforts were not rewarded. Anyway, it works out well though because Madelyn was put on a PeeWee kind of team and Adah is with the same team she played with in spring. I think they might soon realize the error of their ways though...I think Madelyn might be too big (physically, and just her presence). She scored her first goal in the first couple minutes of the game - took the ball and went straight to the goal with all the other kids on the field not even knowing what passed them. Suddenly Madelyn was moved to guard her team's goal, and that's where she stayed for the rest of the game (other than her turn sitting out). OH, and PS: there were no uniforms for Madelyn's team until the game was over.




On Friday I had to drive out to Erik's work for something, and if you don't already know this, he drives 15 minutes before he reaches a dirt road, on which he drives another 15 minutes before arriving at work. So, needless to say, our Yukon was pretty dirty and needing a washing. I had to snap some shots of Seth playing while I washed, he was so cute and happy.



Lastly, I have been super lazy about our garden. I have been horrible with the weeding and love. But fortunately it is forgiving because it is giving like crazy. Tomatoes and jalapenos out the wahzoo. Green onions still going strong. Bell peppers coming for the first time, strawberries coming in for a second round, and zucchini keeps coming and just getting bigger and better!
I took a picture of my zucchini again because it was a lot bigger, and I took another picture of the zucchini bread because I think there is such a difference between the recipe I used the first time (which had no sour cream) and the recipe I use now that has sour cream. YUM.

First zucchini of the season.
Fifth zucchini of the season.

First batch of zucchini bread, no sour cream.
Succulent, moist, sour cream recipe...mouth watering...excuse me while I go have a slice.  I love this stuff and so does my family.  We seriously have not done anything else with our zucchini.

4 Comments:

  • You are a brave woman. I had Braden and Andrew in baseball last summer at the same time and I thought it would kill me (although being hugely pregnant may have had something to do with it.) It sounds like your girls are going to be just as athletic and competitive as you were. That's awesome. Have fun!

    By Blogger Amy, At September 17, 2009 at 4:30 PM  

  • Yay for soccer! Just wait til they get older. By the time I got to high school I played High school soccer in the Fall, Indoor soccer in winter, Spring League in Spring which went all the way til the end of June and July-August I worked out with the High school team again. Crazy! Miss you!

    By Blogger Natalie and Tyler, At September 17, 2009 at 4:49 PM  

  • I'm thinking about doing soccer here in the spring. I think my kids will love it. And, I'm so jealous about all your garden goods! I need to get my life (and yard) in order next summer so I can have a garden.

    By Blogger Stephanie, At September 18, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

  • I love little Seth on his tippy toes!

    By Blogger Heidi, At September 20, 2009 at 11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home