Johnson's Corner

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

There was just ONE thing missing...

On Friday afternoon Erik and I jumped in the car (sans kids!) and drove to Provo, UT. We left the kids with some cheerios and movies and wished them luck. Just kidding, my parents (who are the most awesome people ever) watched them for us (which included taking girls to soccer practice and games, keeping boys entertained at these events, movie night, church, and just keeping these kids alive and well!). We arrived in SLC later than planned, but my good (no, GREAT) friend Angela stayed awake to see us. We chatted long into the night, which was so fun and yet sad, making me realize how much I miss her (that there is a shout out to ya, Ang!). Then Saturday we slept in (until 8am our time, which is amazing, in case you didn't think so), got Jamba Juice for breakfast, walked around the BYU Bookstore, bought new BYU clothing, went to a movie, had a late lunch at a favorite of ours in Orem (The Italian Place - cheesesteak sandwiches), took "Rosie" for a ride (those of you in Greeley might remember my brother's '76 Honda Civic), rode a scooter/motorbike thingy around, went to the BYU vs. FSU football game, and ate a very late dinner at Tucanos. Sunday morning we drove home.

It might seem crazy to drive 8+ hours to and from Provo just to see a football game...especially a BAD football game in which BYU got their bums spanked. But then again, it would only seem crazy to you if you don't have small children. I mean, don't get me wrong, I ADORE my children. I can just appreciate the opportunity to SIT in QUIET and (when it was not my turn to drive) READ A BOOK or TAKE A NAP...whatever I want!

So thanks mom and dad, you are the best! Thanks Dehn & Catherine for your home and the football tickets! Thanks Erik for a great time - all the memories BYU brings back, it was one fantastic weekend!

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home