Johnson's Corner

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Rhys Again!

So I realize I just barely did a post all about Rhys, and I know I express my love for him and his chubby cuteness. At the risk of the girls feeling left out, I have more to post about Rhys. He is starting to walk. Over a week ago he started taking a few steps, then this morning he took 9 steps. He is starting to stand up and just take off walking on his own, not even having to be prompted, begged, etc. It doesn't matter how many children you have, this is always so exciting! Also, Rhys got to go camping! Erik took him to the Father and Sons Campout Friday and they had a great time. I had to buy Rhys tennis shoes because he won't keep shoes on, but being camping, it was a must.



The boys had the camera, so our "girl time" did not get captured in film, but we made sure to do girl things - ColdStone, bowling, Olive Garden for dinner, playing games like "pretty pretty princess," etc. Good times. Not to mention the little pedicure I gave myself while watching a chick-flick after the girls went to bed. Then I slept in until 7:30am!
Once the boys returned Saturday, Erik mowed the lawn, but they just weren't done with their boy-bonding time so Erik used the backpack the Myers so kindly lent him for the campout to let Rhys "help" him.


Then one last thing, I snagged a boy-friendly toy from a "Zion's Mercantile" (free) months ago, and pulled it out of the garage to clean it for Rhys to play with...only Rhys is having a hard time getting to it because Adah and Madelyn have seen their "fix-it" dad work on things, so they are all about the little tools. So since Rhys can't play with his toy, he tortures the little girls who do.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home