Johnson's Corner

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Adah!

Today Adah turned 6 years old! It seems that she has suddenly grown into this much older child. This year she started kindergarten, learned to snow ski, started playing soccer, learned to read, rode a school bus, became the oldest of 4 children, and just grew up before my very eyes!

I was thinking how I am just not ready for Seth to get older because he is my BABY right now and I don't know when the next one will come along...so I don't TOTALLY look forward to him growing up. I think having children so close together has helped me to really appreciate their development. I am not afraid to have Adah get older because the next one isn't there yet, I still have "littler" ones. I know someday that will not be so. But I absolutely love watching them grow. Today I took some time to sit with Adah and look through pictures and tell her a few stories behind the pictures. I even showed her a picture of the midwife that delivered her. She thought that was pretty cool. I told her she is the only child in our family to have been born in a hospital...I guess that makes her special? At least it makes her different. :)

For her birthday today, Adah picked all the meals out (B: french toast w/ strawberries, L: taquitos, chips, carrot sticks, cherry limeade, D: homemade pizza with pepperoni and olives and rootbeer) then she picked out the movie for family movie night (The Bugs Bunny Road Runner Movie - I ordered for their birthdays and it arrived just today!) and dessert: Blue Bunny brand Bordeaux Cherry Chocolate ice cream. We also went to the park today and they loved it, very beautiful day.

Tomorrow the celebration continues for Adah and starts early for Madelyn. When we lived in CO, the girls LOVED to go to the Texas Roadhouse for dinner. They chow down on steak. So we found one in Reno! We are taking them there for lunch and then off to surprise them with the purchase of their first bikes! I am so excited.

Lastly, and then I will show some pictures...Adah requested that I make "butterfly cupcakes" to bring to school so here they are...





5 Comments:

  • Those cupcakes are super cute, as are your kids. It's funny, I often feel the same way, although my kids aren't as close in age as yours. It's sad to realize it went by so fast an I feel like I missed out. However, it's worth it having them close together for so many other reasons!!! Happy Birthday to your oldest!

    By Blogger Stephanie, At March 28, 2009 at 3:52 PM  

  • Happy Birthday Adah! You are a darling girl -- but that's not a surprise, because I love your mom dearly!

    By Blogger Sara, At March 28, 2009 at 5:24 PM  

  • Man, it doesn't seem like that long ago that we were all having our girls together! She is so cute and the cupcakes turned out great- I bet she loved them. Happy Birthday, Adah!

    By Blogger Evaly, At March 28, 2009 at 8:55 PM  

  • Happy Birthday to Adah!! :) She is adorable, and it sounds like she had GREAT birthday celebrations!

    By Blogger Marlise, At March 29, 2009 at 10:30 PM  

  • Happy Birthday Adah! How was your day? I like your butterfly cupcakes. I miss you.

    Love,
    Ashlyn

    By Blogger Heidi, At April 3, 2009 at 7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home