Johnson's Corner

Monday, January 18, 2010

Look Alikes?

In case you can't tell them apart...
This is Guy Fieri.


And this is Rhys Johnson.
So is this. Rhys is potty trained! Yeah! Through naps and nighttime! The other day he sat down and said, "Oh, mom, I'm going potty, I need a magazine!" It starts early, doesn't it?
This is Madelyn after a "Whole Armor of God" primary activity they had. It looks like the leaders went through a LOT of work, but it sounded like an awesome activity!

And Rhys wearing Adah's...he is in love with the "knife" that we keep trying to teach him is actually a sword.
Adah has a favorite pair of jeans that tore a hole in the knee a while back. I had tried iron-on patches, but they weren't working well. So, I sewed a heart-shaped patch on. She LOVED it. So much so, that she tore a hole in the other knee (it was totally on purpose, trust me). So then I had to do it on the other knee. So what you see is what it looks like just after being sewn on. Don't worry how hideous it looks because after a few washes, it will look like this:
I actually think it is way cute, if I may brag.

Adah has lost 3 of her bottom teeth, and just recently lost her first top tooth.
This was our totally awesome dinner tonight. Pork Tenderloin with chimichurri. Thank you again, ourbestbites.com
Not only did we lick our plates clean, but the plate that held this as well. Yum.

9 Comments:

  • I will have to try that with they knee holes! yes... knee patches stink! but what is a manly shape? star or just a circle? square? ;)

    By Blogger Adam Jensen, At January 18, 2010 at 11:30 PM  

  • I love Guy Fieri. Diners, Drive-ins and Dives is my favorite! Rhys totally looked like him with his glasses on backwards. To funny. And the pants looked great. I can;t let my girls see that or I;m scared they will come home tomorrow with holes in their knees, on purpose like Adah.

    By Blogger Jason and Summer, but really just Summer, At January 19, 2010 at 12:25 AM  

  • The Pork looked delicious! I'll have to try it. Have you tried the Pretzel Turtles they have? Oh, I'm so addicted!!! Looks like you guys are having fun, miss you.

    By Blogger Callie, At January 19, 2010 at 1:38 AM  

  • oh! I bet... didn't think about the sewing machine part :)

    By Blogger Adam Jensen, At January 19, 2010 at 11:22 AM  

  • Love the knee patches! So cute; and your scrumptious dinner has me checking my freezer to see if I really did see pork loin in there?!

    By Blogger Kendra, At January 19, 2010 at 4:41 PM  

  • that pork looks so good! and that rhys is super cute. i can't believe he's potty trained and needs his magazine. that is too cute. how do you get enough of him?

    take a look at my 'imagine the possibilities' blog. it's off my home page. i just recently...today and a couple of weeks ago...made some patches for the girls holey jeans. super cute. gotta love wonder under.

    By Blogger Staci, At January 19, 2010 at 7:08 PM  

  • Oh shoot, I just wrote this whole thing and lost it! I think I said, I love the potty training, especially the magazine. And I REALLY love the knee patches. I never thought of anything like that, but I can totally use those for Michaela's jeans. You're a genius! And, I've never tried that pork, but we generally lick the plates (or bowls) clean whenever we make anything from ourbestbites.com. Mmmm.

    By Blogger Stephanie, At January 20, 2010 at 2:27 AM  

  • The jeans turned out so cute!! You are lucky that Rhys is dry at night- Carter is 5 and still has to wear pull-ups at night! It drives me crazy, but I guess it runs in Nathan's family to have accidents for a looong time. His mom had 6 boys to change the sheets for. EW.

    By Blogger Evaly, At January 21, 2010 at 2:00 PM  

  • I am SO doing that heart patch!!!! And the look a like is TOO funny!!!!

    By Blogger Mark Katy, At January 23, 2010 at 1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home