Craig Family Reunion 2011
What: Craig Family Reunion
Where: Heber City, Utah (well, about 2,000 feet in elevation above Heber City)
When: May 16 - 21
Who: 1 great-grandma, 2 grandparents, 8 siblings with 8 spouses, 31 grandchildren (and 3 on the way)
Results: Good food, great company, 2 feet of unmelted snow + 2 feet of fresh snow during the week, Erik getting to use the Yukon to pull people out, 2 boys with 24 hour flu, a stop in Greeley Colorado...leading to the Johnson family moving back to Greeley in a couple of weeks.
Whew! A lot has happened since we left Kalamazoo almost 2 weeks ago. Here are a few pictures of the adventure.
Rhys and Seth each took a turn with the 24 hr flu and watched a LOT of movies in our room.
Grandpa's homemade strawberry ice cream. Yum.
Face Painting!
Madelyn learning some crocheting from her Aunt Katie.
Lots of PINBALL with Dad.
5 of the grandchildren were born in 2008. I think that is the most born in one year, so we are trying to take a picture each year...one of these years they will all be old enough to hold still for a picture, right? :) I am sure someone else got a better shot than I did.
There it is, the snow just kept falling. Crazy, right?
We all hate goodbyes!
Someone's punk of a kid keyed our car. Grrr.
We drove 22.5 hrs straight home from Heber to Kalamazoo. It nearly killed us. This is Rhys when I was calling for dinner time on Sunday night. We have all been sleeping in a little later than usual, trying to recover! But it was an amazing house we stayed in and we had a fantastic time!

6 Comments:
Wow sounds like a fun trip! Sorry to hear about the sickie bug. How'd you find the house to stay in?
By
CL, At
May 25, 2011 at 11:25 AM
Wow--that was a crazy trip back! So...I have a couple of pictures of the 5 kids born in 2008, but I don't know if they're better at all. However, in the one you have--I think we ruined it. Janson is obviously done and what is that circle dot on my belly button?? I promise that isn't there on my copies... :)
Ryah keeps pointing to pictures of Adah on the computer, "Adah! My Adah!" :) Good thing you guys are moving here, she might not otherwise recover. :)
By
Marlise, At
May 25, 2011 at 3:16 PM
So you are moving back to CO? Best wishes! You must be a pro mover by now :)
By
Evaly, At
May 25, 2011 at 10:48 PM
That's crazy! We were just in Heber this past weekend too!! Boo Boo booked us a cabin for a mini family reunion of just the siblings and parents as a 30th birthday present for herself. I wonder if we were right near each other! Wasn't that snow crazy?!? That's funny you guys are moving back to CO! I can't wait to hear the story!
By
Stephanie, At
May 26, 2011 at 1:24 AM
Hey! I've been trying your phone but keep getting voice mail -- i sent an email, too, with my cell phone number because we have already disconnected our home phone. I totally feel like a stalker. :) Give me a call when you get the chance.
By
Brenny, At
May 26, 2011 at 4:03 PM
I disagree w/ Stephanie...I'd say you moving to CO is less funny and more of a nightmare...WORST news of my life...literally.
By
Annette Shumway, At
May 27, 2011 at 2:16 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home