Picture Time
and Anika Faun (born at 6:03am and middle-named for her great-grandmother whom she now shares a birthday with and weighing 7 pounds 6 ounces).
Found out on July 22nd that we were carrying twin girls and NOT one large boy!
Ultra sound also showed babies both laying transverse. Attempted to get them to turn, but not happening this late (and size) in the game.
Scheduled a cesarean for August 2nd.
Water broke at 2:30 am on July 31st. Went to hospital with contractions, vomitting, and a little stress. :)
Babies born just after 6am on July 31st.
They are perfect, beautiful and doing great!
I am recovering pretty well...especially considering the extreme different childbirth experience this has been for us! We are grateful for the wonderful staff that have made it as good of an experience as possible.

12 Comments:
Kendra, I am so excited for you. They are beautiful. I wish I was there to see them and you. What a whirl wind these last few weeks have been! Are you even ready for twins? :) Can't wait for more updates when you are able.
By
The Coolest Allen Family, At
August 1, 2011 at 8:25 PM
This is so exciting! I still can't believe you went so long believing you had only ONE baby in there! Just think of how much fun you're going to have with these TWO little babies! So happy for you guys! Congrats!
By
Leah, At
August 1, 2011 at 9:44 PM
Congratulations Johnson family!! They are beautiful little girls and we are so glad they are here safe and healthy! I can only imagine how excited your "big" girls will be having TWO babies to play with! Congrats again.
By
Kevin and Kristen, At
August 2, 2011 at 10:53 AM
They are just beautful!
By
Evaly, At
August 2, 2011 at 12:08 PM
Thanks for the update! I'm so glad everything was fine and that you're all healthy and recovering. They are super adorable! I can't imagine how much fun will be had in that home of yours now. It's funny, now everyone has their own buddy! So cool! Congratulations! We're so happy for you guys!
By
Stephanie, At
August 2, 2011 at 1:28 PM
I'm super excited to meet them!!!
By
Kasey, At
August 2, 2011 at 7:15 PM
Wow, what a story! They are beautiful! Congratulations!
By
Jess, At
August 2, 2011 at 7:42 PM
We need to talk SERIOUSLY! I can NOT believe this!
They are beautiful, so pink and perfect. :)
I am so very excited for you!
Talking to you soon . . .
By
AnnaBanana, At
August 3, 2011 at 6:45 PM
Congrats again and again!
By
Claudia, At
August 3, 2011 at 6:47 PM
Such beautiful, lovely girls. Glad to know that they arrived safely. Congratulations to all of you!
By
Robin V, At
August 3, 2011 at 9:43 PM
YEAH for picture time! Oh my gosh I just want to hold those 2 cuties! You are my hero.
By
Annette Shumway, At
August 8, 2011 at 12:05 AM
What a surprise! Twins! Are they identical? Congrats! Your girls will be BIG helpers w/ 2 babies to care for. You're amazing! ~ My little girl arrives in 7 weeks. Can hardly wait to hold her. :) Julianne Green
By
Green's, At
August 11, 2011 at 1:33 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home