Johnson's Corner

Monday, September 8, 2008

It's true what they say...

I am writing in apology to all those who were not the first, or even second, maybe even the third child born into their family. You know how your baby book has hardly any pages filled? You know how there just aren't as many pictures of you as there are of your older siblings? Well, I promise it is NOT because your mom loves you any less than them. It's just that life gets busy!

Seth was blessed yesterday. His father gave him a beautiful blessing. I cried. It was actually the first time I ever cried during one of my children's blessings. It was very special. I just love my Seth with his butter-soft skin and his mild, gentle nature. He is such a sweetheart.

I did not get his picture taken in his blessing outfit! We did not take the family picture we always take together after church. How horrible am I? I can say all I want about what a special day it was and how much I adore my little Seth, but all he is going to think when he grows up is, "I can't believe my mom didn't even take my picture on my blessing day. It must not have meant much to her since I was her fourth..."

It's not true Seth. You are loved!
(is my repentance accepted? am I forgiven?)

8 Comments:

  • Reenactment Kendra! Reenactment! Do you still have the outfit? Is it clean? I'll even meet you at the church and take the picture. Shhh, no one has to know. :-)

    By Blogger Heidi, At September 9, 2008 at 9:09 AM  

  • I'm with Heidi. There is nothing wrong with a little reenactment. I need to call you soon. I have been waiting for things to get backt to normal. Well as normal as 4 kids can get. :) I am so excited that "Babywatch 2008" has come to a beautiful end!

    By Blogger The Coolest Allen Family, At September 9, 2008 at 10:07 AM  

  • I just made the same comment on my blog about Emmitt! I amsure SEth will forgve you!! I like Heidi's idea too, reenactment!!

    By Blogger Sarah, At September 9, 2008 at 10:38 AM  

  • Seth, buddy, I feel your pain. I'm a fourth child, too.

    You guys make me laugh! And I totally agree with the girls, just put him back in his outfit and take another picture. No one will ever know...

    By Blogger Brenny, At September 9, 2008 at 11:33 AM  

  • Sweet Kendra....as you know, I'm a fourth child (and you are a 5th, right after me, so you know, too!!)--but I honestly never felt any less loved. Think of it this way--Seth is receiving MORE love, because he has 3 older siblings who adore him, as well as his 2 parents. You are a wonderful mother, and I know Seth feels your love. I concur with the above--put him back in the outfit, and take a picture. That's what matters--there's a picture of it, regardless of when it was taken! :)

    By Blogger Marlise, At September 9, 2008 at 1:21 PM  

  • Well, if it makes you feel any better, I didn't get a picture of Branden (my #4) in his blessing outfit. I was all set - we got ready for church early, I was feeding him. Mom and Dad were ready to take pictures of our family before church. Then he started pooping and pooping and pooping. I had to whip the outfit off of him before it leaked all over his clothes! It was a serious nightmare. It was oozing out everywhere - I know, too much info. But if he ever complains about why he didn't get pictures of him, it was his fault! :-) I kept the blessing outfit layed out for weeks, maybe even months, with plans to take his picture. And it never happened. And now he is 7 months old. So sad. I feel terrible. But he was blessed and that's what really matters. So no worries. (Or at least, that's what I keep trying to tell myself.)

    By Blogger Holli, At September 9, 2008 at 11:30 PM  

  • Put the outfit on him and take pictures TODAY. If you wait for a convenient time to dress everyone up and go to church for a reenactment, it will never happen. I didn't get pictures of Katie in her blessing dress until she was 3 or 4 months old. She was almost falling out of her dress when she was blessed (tiny little thing), but in her pictures it's small on her. Oops. Seriously, put the suit on.

    By Blogger Amy, At September 10, 2008 at 1:43 AM  

  • You bring shame to the family, Kendra. I can't believe you would let that happen. I would never have let that happen to my whatsername...you know...#4. Roxette? No...Roxanne.

    But I still love you.
    Ken

    p.s. ROXANNA! That's it!

    By Blogger Ken Craig, At September 14, 2008 at 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home