Johnson's Corner

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Vacation #1

If you do not already know, our family took a little trip to visit our friends, the Stradlings, in New Mexico last week. (Vacation #2 starts next week and you'll hear about that in a few weeks!) A word to the wise...if you are ever on a trip from the Denver area down to Farmington, NM, and you decide to take the absolutely gorgeous scenic route, plan to eat at the southern most tip of the Denver area because there is nowhere to eat until you get to Farmington. Unless you want to stop at one of the cafes...which you find by the name of the town and the word "cafe" and don't assume you will find something else if you just make it to that next town.

Erik had to work for a couple of the days, so the moms and kids hung out, but then when the dads were done working, we camped out at Lake Navajo - Erik went wakeboarding, the girls went tubing and I...well, Rhys and I just went boating.

Rhys played hard, and he slept hard...
(notice handprint on his face)





Madelyn was her darling self...



And Adah was her daring self...
(notice the "thumbs up" for "go faster!" - I could post more pictures of her tubing, but they pretty much all look the same...no matter how fast they went!)


And of course we see where Adah gets her daring ways...lookin good babe!


I tried to get more and better pictures of Erik, but holding a baby, and dealing with two other children makes it a little difficult...oh and if you're totally sick and you're wondering why there are no pictures of me...well, I was pretty confident nobody wanted to see a 31 week pregnant woman in a swimming suit unless they absolutely have to. :) But thanks for asking. I did have a great time on our trip and I am looking forward to our trip next week!

4 Comments:

  • The weather looked perfect for boating! Sounded like a fun trip. The girls bravery totally impresses me and Rhys looked perfectly natural behind the wheel of the boat. It fits him. :)

    By Blogger Brenny, At June 5, 2008 at 12:17 PM  

  • I am jealous for so many reasons.

    1. You went to visit friends who are not us.
    2. You got to be on the lake! Man it seems like forever since we've been on a lake.
    3. I wish I could live in Greeley in nine weeks when you have the baby! So exciting.

    By Blogger Sara, At June 5, 2008 at 3:09 PM  

  • The weather look great!! I can't wait to go on vacation!! Oh, I really enjoyed your talk today! Thanks, I needed to hear it!

    By Blogger Sarah, At June 8, 2008 at 10:44 PM  

  • I have to add my accolades to Sarah, your talk was great -- and much needed! :)

    By Blogger Brenny, At June 9, 2008 at 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home