Penny for your thoughts?
So yesterday Adah drew a picture of Erik and I getting married. Very sweet. Oh, except that I look pregnant! I asked Erik why she drew me like that and he said, "Well, you have been pregnant for the last 2 years...that's half of Madelyn's life and almost 1/2 of Adah's...how else do you think they see you?" Point taken.
So then when I saw my friend Sara's blog had this sort of "tag" I thought I should do it and get a better idea of how my children see me. Here are the results:
1. What is something mom always says to you?
Adah: Choose the right.
Madelyn: Be good.
2. What makes mom happy?
Adah: When we obey or do something for you.
Madelyn: When we obey.
3. What makes mom sad?
Adah: When we don't obey and when we fight.
Madelyn: Our not-obey-ed-ness

4. How does your mom make you laugh?
Adah: When you tell jokes and when you say silly things to Rhys.
Madelyn: Tickling
5. What was your mom like as a child?
Adah: Kind of like us. Did you tell lots of jokes?
Madelyn: You liked to eat. (gee, thanks Madelyn!)
6. How old is your mom?
Adah: 19...20-19...oh! I know! 29!
Madelyn: I don't know...are you 12?
7. How tall is your mom?
Adah: Tall. Really really tall.
Madelyn: 20 1/2 inches

8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Adah: Have a baby? And to do nice things for us.
Madelyn: Play with us.
9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
Adah: Work on the computer.
Madelyn: Go to stores.
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Adah: Flying?
Madelyn: They would say you are Kendra and you would say "YES!" (while punching her fist into the air)

11. What is your mom really good at?
Adah: Cooking. (thanks!)
Madelyn: Sitting. (see? I am forever pregnant in her eyes!)
12. What is your mom not very good at?
Adah: Juggling. Dad can do it really well.
Madelyn: Walking. (ding, ding, ding! Pregnancy!)
13. What does your mom do for her job?
Adah: It's pretty hard. She takes care of us.
Madelyn: Looks at the job chart.

14. What is your mom's favorite food?
Adah: Spaghetti
Madelyn: Eggs
15. What makes you proud of your mom?
Adah: Cooking for us.
Madelyn: Making dinner.
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Adah: You would be Snow White cause you have curly, kinda dark hair.
Madelyn: Annie from Little Einsteins

17. What do you and your mom do together?
Adah: Color. Not all the time, but sometimes.
Madelyn: Family Home Evening
18. How are you and your mom the same?
Adah: We're both people...girls...matching clothes sometimes...and both have kind of brown and yellowish hair.
Madelyn: We both have a mouth and a nose...and a neck...but yours is bigger than mine.
19. How are you and your mom different?
Adah: Our names.
Madelyn: You have curly hair and I have straight hair.

20. How do you know your mom loves you?
Adah: Cause I'm your daughter.
Madelyn: Because she wants us to obey.
It was fun to sit with them individually and ask them the questions. It really made me think as I listened to their answers. It is so easy to miss out on seeing their perspective on things. Interesting. :) I encourage anyone who wants to do this, it was fun!
So then when I saw my friend Sara's blog had this sort of "tag" I thought I should do it and get a better idea of how my children see me. Here are the results:
1. What is something mom always says to you?
Adah: Choose the right.
Madelyn: Be good.
2. What makes mom happy?
Adah: When we obey or do something for you.
Madelyn: When we obey.
3. What makes mom sad?
Adah: When we don't obey and when we fight.
Madelyn: Our not-obey-ed-ness

4. How does your mom make you laugh?
Adah: When you tell jokes and when you say silly things to Rhys.
Madelyn: Tickling
5. What was your mom like as a child?
Adah: Kind of like us. Did you tell lots of jokes?
Madelyn: You liked to eat. (gee, thanks Madelyn!)
6. How old is your mom?
Adah: 19...20-19...oh! I know! 29!
Madelyn: I don't know...are you 12?
7. How tall is your mom?
Adah: Tall. Really really tall.
Madelyn: 20 1/2 inches

8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Adah: Have a baby? And to do nice things for us.
Madelyn: Play with us.
9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
Adah: Work on the computer.
Madelyn: Go to stores.
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Adah: Flying?
Madelyn: They would say you are Kendra and you would say "YES!" (while punching her fist into the air)

11. What is your mom really good at?
Adah: Cooking. (thanks!)
Madelyn: Sitting. (see? I am forever pregnant in her eyes!)
12. What is your mom not very good at?
Adah: Juggling. Dad can do it really well.
Madelyn: Walking. (ding, ding, ding! Pregnancy!)
13. What does your mom do for her job?
Adah: It's pretty hard. She takes care of us.
Madelyn: Looks at the job chart.

14. What is your mom's favorite food?
Adah: Spaghetti
Madelyn: Eggs
15. What makes you proud of your mom?
Adah: Cooking for us.
Madelyn: Making dinner.
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Adah: You would be Snow White cause you have curly, kinda dark hair.
Madelyn: Annie from Little Einsteins

17. What do you and your mom do together?
Adah: Color. Not all the time, but sometimes.
Madelyn: Family Home Evening
18. How are you and your mom the same?
Adah: We're both people...girls...matching clothes sometimes...and both have kind of brown and yellowish hair.
Madelyn: We both have a mouth and a nose...and a neck...but yours is bigger than mine.
19. How are you and your mom different?
Adah: Our names.
Madelyn: You have curly hair and I have straight hair.

20. How do you know your mom loves you?
Adah: Cause I'm your daughter.
Madelyn: Because she wants us to obey.
It was fun to sit with them individually and ask them the questions. It really made me think as I listened to their answers. It is so easy to miss out on seeing their perspective on things. Interesting. :) I encourage anyone who wants to do this, it was fun!

9 Comments:
So cute! The best is Adah saying that your favorite thing is having a baby. So sweet.
By
Evaly, At
July 31, 2008 at 12:41 AM
Those are hilarious. I'm totally going to do this with my boys.
By
Holli, At
July 31, 2008 at 1:05 AM
I must steal this idea! Such a good one! Thanks for sharing.
By
The Coolest Allen Family, At
July 31, 2008 at 1:22 AM
So so sweet!
By
Heidi, At
July 31, 2008 at 4:15 PM
I love it! I was smiling (and laughing) as I read. Cute girls and a GREAT mom!
By
Marlise, At
August 1, 2008 at 12:44 PM
I love the "Your name is Kendra and you will say YES!" So dang cute.
I'm quite positive that our combined total of four girls would be best, best friends. (But I better get working since you'll soon have double the amount of children I have. Good work on that, Kendra. Very impressive.)
And I can't wait to hear all about the birth of the new little baby!
By
Sara, At
August 1, 2008 at 2:12 PM
What a fun thing to do! I loved the answers -- you are such a superstar!
And I love that Madelyn used the word 'non-obey-ed-ness'. Classic.
By
Brenny, At
August 4, 2008 at 10:39 AM
That was the coolest post I have ever read. What a sweet insight to their perspective, I love it :) You are such a wonderful woman and mother, it's obvious from your girl's answers :) Non obed ed ness, love it :)
By
Adam Jensen, At
August 5, 2008 at 3:20 PM
That was so cute! I love their sweet answers!
By
Logan and Ashley, At
August 17, 2008 at 9:03 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home