Johnson's Corner

Monday, September 15, 2008

Tagged

My friend Stephanie tagged me, here's how the game works.
List 5 Joys, 5 Fears, 5 obsessions/collections, and 5 suprising facts, and tag 5 people

Joys
1. My husband
2. My kids
3. Chocolate
4. Reading
5. Fitting into my pre-pregnancy clothes

Fears
1. The first time I have to run one of my children to the emergency room
2. Drowning
3. Sharks
4. Snakes
5. Watching one of my children get their feelings hurt really really bad

Obsessions/Collections
1. Chocolate. We all make jokes about how women need chocolate every day...it's no joke. I am more than obsessed.
2. Being organized. I go nuts if I don't feel organized. I am a compulsive list maker. And when I finally have time to sit down and work on a project, I never really get to it because I feel like I have to clean everything up before I can sit down, relax and work on something.
3. Eating out. I don't know if I would say its really an OBSESSION, but I often think about eating out and how it means I don't have to think of something to cook and then make it and clean up. I really enjoy eating out.
4. Ice cream. Ok, chocolate, eating out, and now ice cream. Yes, this is why I linger on the chubby side. But I adore ice cream, it is a good friend of mine.
5. short nails. I never grow my nails out, I have to keep them very short. I also am always on top of my children's nails too, they are kept very short. I cringe if they are long enough that I see dirt under their nails. Ugh. It is so gross. Madelyn has become a nail picker, and it drives me crazy. She is always biting or ripping her nails off and I get after her about it all the time. Adah wants long nails and has informed me that when she is a mom, she is going to have long nails. Fine. But as long as you're under my rule, you will have short nails.

Suprising Facts
1. This is kind of weird, but it was the first thing to come to mind. So I lost a contact lens a while back and Erik and I looked EVERYWHERE and couldn't find it, so after a week of wearing glasses and finally getting a new pair of contacts, I thought it was all good. Then TWO MONTHS later, I was blow drying my hair one morning, and what do I see on the floor? My contact. How the heck did that happen? Now I have 2 sets!
2. I am afraid to get lasik.
3. I am deathly afraid of needles. When they take my blood during pregnancy, or when they numb me at the dentist, I have to look the other way the whole time. I don't even know what the needle looks like because I have never looked!
4. I would rather go through childbirth than sit in the dentist chair. I hate it.
5. I feel very passionate about a lot of issues, but I am not good at arguing and can't usually remember all the reasons I feel the way I do. I can't quote things and I am more of an emotional person rather than logical. This is why I never argue with Erik, he is the opposite and is VERY good at arguing his point.

Ok, now wake up. I tag Angela, Heidi, Sara, Evaly and Sarah.

4 Comments:

  • Great list! So good to know I'm not the only one preoccupied with food.

    I hear you about needles. I feel like it's important to give blood, but I end up looking away and humming silently to myself to take my mind off the fact that I have a HUGE NEEDLE STICKING OUT OF MY ARM. No lasik for me either. You don't mess with eyes.

    By Blogger Brenny, At September 16, 2008 at 12:25 PM  

  • That's funny, I had NO idea about the needle thing! I was actually surprised by that! Fun list!

    By Blogger Stephanie, At September 16, 2008 at 3:36 PM  

  • Tag!? Oh no you di'nt. (Did I spell that right Ang?)

    The nail thing totally explains your daughters' obsession with my nails when we were doing preschool.

    I cannot believe you found the contact!

    I am with you on the Lasik. Why on earth would I choose to have my eyeball SLICED open? Even if they do have "bladeless", still freaky.

    Um, did I tell you they once had to stick me FOUR TIMES when I was pregnant with Gracie? The last one was in the hand and they STILL didn't get it. They sent me to the lab for yet another one. So no, not a fan of the needle.

    Does this count as fulfilling my tag?

    By Blogger Heidi, At September 17, 2008 at 12:33 AM  

  • you are so funny! i miss you already! That is hilarious that you would rather go thru childbirth than the dentist :) I have an abnormal relationship with the dentist... I kinda like it. especially teeth cleaning, but I guess that's the hygienist... anyway my grandpa was a dentist and I LOVE my grandpa. I always feel so proud when I am brave :) and yes, I am a nail freak too. CANNOT have long nails and my kids are always trimmed too! nasty germs!!!

    By Blogger Adam Jensen, At September 24, 2008 at 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home