For all the Cafe Rio / Cafe Mexicali Lovers
Ok, so I have never posted a recipe on this blog before, but we can't get enough of this stuff. My favorite things at these places (and others, like Qdoba) is the dressing they put on their salads. So, this was told to me to be the "Cafe Rio Dressing." It is SO good that I have to make Mexican food for dinner for a few days cause we are looking for ANYTHING do drown in this stuff. YUM.
1 buttermilk Ranch dressing packet (make as per recipe)
2 tomatillos
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 clove garlic
juice of 1 lime
1 jalapeno (if you like it spicy, you can use the seeds too)
Use a food processor or blender to blend all the ingredients well. Refrigerate.
I also have some version of their chicken and their rice if anyone is interested. I just think no other flavors matter when you can cover everything in the dressing. :)
1 buttermilk Ranch dressing packet (make as per recipe)
2 tomatillos
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 clove garlic
juice of 1 lime
1 jalapeno (if you like it spicy, you can use the seeds too)
Use a food processor or blender to blend all the ingredients well. Refrigerate.
I also have some version of their chicken and their rice if anyone is interested. I just think no other flavors matter when you can cover everything in the dressing. :)

4 Comments:
Yum! I miss Cafe Rio. I am SO trying this dressing.
By
Brenny, At
January 22, 2009 at 12:19 PM
I have never heard of this place. But another blog I look at occasionally for recipes she posts happened to also post a recipe for a Cafe Rio Pork Salad. What a coincidence! Here is the link to her page: http://www.beckyhiggins.com/recipes/2009/01/cafe-rio.html
By
Holli, At
January 22, 2009 at 7:10 PM
My friend just gave this recipe and I bought all the ingredients today! Right now I am craving the rice, so I hope it's as good as Cafe Rio :)
By
Evaly, At
January 24, 2009 at 2:30 AM
I also have this recipe...one of my favorites! YUM!!
By
Jason and Summer, but really just Summer, At
January 30, 2009 at 11:16 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home