Our Pinewood Derby Entry
No, you have not missed anything, Rhys is not 8 years old yet and he is not in cub scouts yet. I am a bear cub leader though, so I attended, and we took the whole family since we had a car in the race! Ok, WE didn't have a car in the race, but there is an 8 year old boy in our ward that needed help on his car (his father passed away about four years ago) and Erik offered to help him out and his mother was very grateful. This is the only picture I got of him with his car, cause he was running around WAY excited...his car won 2nd place! I think our boys are set...their dad is a star. Erik had this boy pick out design, and he painted it himself and made decisions...Erik just did the "dangerous" work. I am so proud of my Erik...what a guy. Way to go, babe.

4 Comments:
That's awesome! Way to go, Erik!
By
Marlise, At
May 1, 2009 at 5:41 PM
uhh yeah, what a guy! Erik is so nice! I hope this one is a boy just so Dan can do those kind of things with his son...although he so anti-girl stuff he probably would be a pinewood derby just for fun with the girls.
And what a story with that trout. Erik's a good sport. Dan would have done it too, but with complaining under his breath.
and that place you went to, that fairytale town. There's something like that in Rapid City called Storybook Island, but the place you went to seems cooler because the kids were able to actually touch and participate. At storybook island most of the stuff is just to look at.
By
Mac Family, At
May 2, 2009 at 4:37 PM
That's awesome. When we were in the singles' ward and I was in the stake primary presidency, Jesse made a derby car so there would be an extra one that night in case a boy didn't have one. I don't remember how well the car did, but there was a boy who needed one and he was so excited there was one. We have lots of pinewood derbys in our future! Erik's getting his practice in now. :-)
By
Holli, At
May 2, 2009 at 6:47 PM
That is one cute smug/proud smile!
Nice job Erik.
By
Heidi, At
May 4, 2009 at 1:13 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home