Johnson's Corner

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

LoVe

We hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's. Here are a couple of our Valentine activities...

We of course enjoyed yummy valentine cookies, that the girls made (almost) all by themselves this year.





I made these cute treats for a church activity and for our neighbors:



I was willing to share my Valentine with these two lovely ladies and they went out to dinner on Saturday night.


And of course "Valentine Hair" is a new tradition, so for church the girls had their hair done...



Oh, and it was so sweet on Sunday morning when I came downstairs all the lights were off and the 3 older kids jumped out and said, "Surprise Valentine's Day!" Whatever that's supposed to mean...but anyway, they turned the lights on (cause it is still THAT dark at almost 7am here in the NORTH) and the kitchen table was COVERED with Valentine cards for everyone. The girls had even helped Rhys and Seth make some. I have had a suspicion they were doing something because they have seriously been working on these for over a week. Really sweet.

5 Comments:

  • Isn't it great when your kids get big enough to really get the holiday and help and do stuff even for the little guys. I loved the Valentines hair!

    By Blogger Shana Hamblin, At February 18, 2010 at 10:13 PM  

  • That's awesome! I LOVE the hair and the sweet valentines!!

    By Blogger Leah, At February 19, 2010 at 8:04 PM  

  • Awww, so sweet. Those cookies and marshmallows are so cute! And look so yummy! I was a little bummed I didn't have time to do all the other fun stuff this year like making cookies. Good for you! And I love the girls' hair. So cute! You've inspired me to try harder at doing more than a barrette!

    By Blogger Stephanie, At February 20, 2010 at 1:12 PM  

  • Awesome cookies! And cute kids you have--that's awesome that your girls are so good at being the "big sisters" and have such sweet ideas, to involve the boys in. I love it!

    By Blogger Marlise, At February 20, 2010 at 6:13 PM  

  • those cookies look so yummy! how do you get them so big? i need your recipe...is that a wonder? i want a good, thick, soft sugar cookie right now! they look like the ones you buy at smith's/wal-mart. with that yummy icing on top and have about 250 calories a piece. so worth it!

    and the hair? is there anything you can't do?

    By Blogger Staci, At February 24, 2010 at 4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home