Johnson's Corner

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Oh, This Guy!

There was a time when I worried a little about this guy. He rolled over way later than any of our other children. He crawled when I thought he should be learning to walk, and he walked at 14 months, which was really late for our kids. Everything he has done has been late. Well, he is done with that. Seth is 17 months. He has become a talking machine.


When we first arrived in Michigan, he had his list of words he could say, and it was growing as the weeks passed. Then he jumped into the "can't keep track of all his new words, there are too many" stage, then he plunged into the stage of "there is no list of words he says, he will copy ANYTHING someone else says."


Then for the last week or two he has been using sentences. He cracks me up. I won't list them all, but my favorite words and phrases he uses most are: "Read me!" when he wants a book read to him (which is every minute of every day), "All done!" when he is ready to get down from the table, "I need you!" when he wants to be picked up, "I love you" and how could that not be a favorite?, "go down basement!" which is so exciting to him to go play down there with the older kids. "Daddy home!" is one that is followed up with him carrying on the tradition of the kids hiding behind the wall and when Erik walks in the door they jump out and yell "BOO!" and Seth loves yelling it with them. Also the way he says "Madelyn" sounds like "Ma-A-Yen!" and "Mommy help me." Anyway, I could go on...


It just cracks me up to hear him say things and realize he has formed a brand new sentence. Love him.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home