Johnson's Corner

Saturday, March 27, 2010

hApPy bIrThDaY aDaH!


Today my baby turned 7. I love Adah. I think she is just gorgeous. She is always looking for fun and adventure. She is bubbly, sweet, and helpful. I don't believe I know a 7 year old who is more helpful with their younger siblings than Adah is. And I don't remember the last time Adah gave me any sort of flack for asking her to do anything - no matter how big or small - I ask, she does it. Period. And she does it fast too.

She picked all her meals for the day. Breakfast was french toast with bacon and strawberries. Lunch was tuna sandwiches with pickles and chips. Dinner was steak, baked potatoes and salad. She did not pick a dessert because her birthday also doubled as the official birthday party day.

Adah and Madelyn have been together all their lives. :) So when it came to them having "friend birthday parties" (which we only do every-other-year), I assumed that one day they would figure out that they can have their own party. When I overheard their conversation a couple of weeks ago I was overjoyed by their plans. Adah wanted a kitty-cat birthday party and Madelyn wanted a flower birthday party, so they, all on their own, said, "well then we need to think of something we BOTH like...butterflies!" I just love them for planning to share their birthday party, with no begging from mom.

The girls and I painted the tablecloth. We also drew about 40 butterflies with sidewalk chalk on the pathway to the front door. And lots of balloons. Everywhere.
Of course, a butterfly cake. And of course, it was cherry chip because that is what the girls LOVE. We did a couple of crafts, a couple of games, and plenty of playtime.

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home