Johnson's Corner

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

hApPy bIrThDaY mAdElYn!


Madelyn turned six years old today! I can't believe it. I always know she is just one year younger than Adah, but to stop and think about how she is not so young anymore...well that just breaks my heart...and yet I love it at the same time.

Madelyn has always been a real ham, and she still is. She used to be my chunky little baldy, but she has grown into a tall, slender, beautiful little girl. When I get after her about something, I can tell in her eyes (as they seem to grow HUGE) that she is trying not to cry and it tears my heart out.

Madelyn is great at playing with her brothers, and she loves to read to them. When Rhys was born over 3 years after Madelyn, I was afraid they would not really play together much, but she LOVES to play with him and Seth too...when she is not busy playing with Adah. She loves to make others happy. She is very quick to tell me she loves me and that I am beautiful (how could you not love her?). She does not spend a lot of time looking in the mirror, but if I do her hair special, she likes looking at herself and comments on how beautiful she thinks she looks. It's not vanity folks, just confidence. ;) I just adore Madelyn and I am so grateful to have her in our family.

For her meals today, Madelyn picked breakfast sandwiches (eggs, bacon and cheese on a croissant - mine and Erik's also had onions and peppers), lunch was ham sandwiches with chips and pickles, and dinner was crab legs (I don't know where she came up with this one), cheesy bread loaf, and salad. We also baked Andes Mint Cookies at her request, since the birthday cake was technically on Adah's birthday. These girls sure know how to pick yummy meals.

They both did not want their birthdays to end, they said it was so great, so I am happy they enjoy their birthday - especially Madelyn. I have this fear of "running out of gas" by the time her birthday comes, so I always want to make sure we are still kickin' on the 31st!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home