Johnson's Corner

Monday, May 24, 2010

"In the depths of humidity..."

At the end of March we had some warm weather, so I thought it would be good opportunity to do the next virtual tour of our house - the outside.




Then a little over a month later, I learned what Southwest Michigan is all about...so I redid the virtual tour. ;)


I must say that after rewatching this video, I think I need to do another one! Even in the last 3 weeks the green is THICKER and RICHER! It is crazy! The kids were commenting tonight that we live in a jungle. And Erik and I can't disagree. It's a jungle out there!
We have also started our square foot gardening, which is a different way of gardening for us this year. I just can't describe the GREEN here. It is incredible. Of course, the humidity is ridiculous, but how else would it be so GREEN!? ;) The kids find all sorts of frogs, bugs (favorites are the big fat furry caterpillars that are surprisingly colorful), birds (ummm, cardinals...they really are RED! Wow!), etc. BUGS THRIVE HERE. That's all I'm gonna say.

Oh, and this is "Mini Monticello" where Thomas Jefferson lived...okay, obviously not really, but I LOVE this house and want it really badly. So much so, that I am tempted to walk up to the front door, knock, and ask the owner "how much?" It is soooo cool!

4 Comments:

  • I remember that about Michigan. That it was so green. That's awesome. I'm not sure I'd ever see my boys if we had all those trees and open space for them to run in. They'd just explore all day.

    By Blogger Holli, At May 24, 2010 at 7:36 PM  

  • Yeah-that's awesome! Janson would die for all that space and grass, oh, and the basketball hoop--he loves basketball and always spots them on our walks. We're just going to have to come there and play! :)

    By Blogger Marlise, At May 25, 2010 at 3:18 PM  

  • oh you're not kidding! i love it! all that green...i miss it. hey we have flies! gross nasty little buggers!

    By Blogger Staci, At May 30, 2010 at 10:29 PM  

  • So that is what all of the snow and cold are good for...Nice green everywhere. It looks like a wonderful big yard and lots of grass for Erik to mow.

    By Blogger Shana Hamblin, At May 31, 2010 at 2:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home