Johnson's Corner

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

This year I decided to help the girls focus on what Easter is really all about. I have always tried to do this, but I found a bunch of cool activities on the internet and did a different thing with them each day - almost all of them dealing with the resurrection. We even asked the Easter Bunny to come to our house Friday night instead of Saturday night so that we could hunt for eggs on Saturday morning and not Sunday. I should have taken pictures of the different things we did, but here is what I do have of our Easter week...Hope everyone had a good Easter!







9 Comments:

  • Cute pics! What websites do you visit to get you fun ideas about teaching?

    By Blogger Sarah, At March 23, 2008 at 11:54 PM  

  • sugardoodle.net, theideadoor.com, about.com are a couple of websites I have used for primary stuff, that's where I find some ideas.

    By Blogger Johnson Family, At March 24, 2008 at 11:00 AM  

  • Very cute pictures! Great talks, too, by the way. At Easter dinner last night I told my family the story Eric told about the 'empty tomb' roll and the thumb. SO cute.

    By Blogger Brenny, At March 24, 2008 at 11:06 AM  

  • Darling! I love Rhys's face in between those beautiful girls.

    Happy Easter!

    By Blogger Sara, At March 24, 2008 at 9:19 PM  

  • I love where Rhys is doing the "stop in the name of love" with his hand.

    Tanner tells me something about Madelyn using her thumb as Mary Magdalene. I would love to be privy to that dialog.

    By Blogger Broek, At March 25, 2008 at 11:48 PM  

  • Ok Broek, the story goes like this, it was actually Adah and we had made "resurrection rolls" where you put a butter-dipped marshmallow in the middle of roll dough and after it bakes, it makes an "empty tomb." So Adah had her roll on her plate and saw the "empty tomb" and put her thumb next to it and said she was the woman outside the open tomb crying...

    By Blogger Johnson Family, At March 26, 2008 at 9:46 AM  

  • cute family shot! your girls are so beautiful and Rhys is getting SO big. Enjoyed your talks on sunday! Youre awesome :)

    By Blogger Adam Jensen, At March 26, 2008 at 3:45 PM  

  • Cute pictures of the family. Sorry we missed your talks. I bet they were great. Thanks again for all of your help and heart ache with cub scouts, it doesn't go unnoticed!! :0)

    By Blogger Logan and Ashley, At March 27, 2008 at 8:32 AM  

  • I can't believe Madeline has hair!! Adah and her look so alike now! Cute easter outfits! Oh hey, we're going to be in Vegas this summer for Kiley's internship. AND we have friends who accepted a job with Wright Engineering starting in August- small world!

    By Blogger CL, At April 7, 2008 at 1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home