Johnson's Corner

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

LoTs of LoVe for LoCkS of LoVe!

Adah and Madelyn have been talking about cutting their hair short.

There was a young woman in our last ward that was diagnosed with a brain tumor around a year and a half ago (Hi "D.H."! We love you!). The girls ask about her often and when she had lost her hair during treatment, the girls loved that people donated hair so she would have a wig to wear.


So, when we talked about how long Adah and Madelyn's hair was, they wanted to donate it. So, off we went to a high class salon (Ok, it was Great Clips, but they were great!). They did the Locks of Love thing and gave the girls cute hair cuts!



When I went up to the counter to pay for the cuts, they said it was free because of the donation! Wow! I had no idea! I was prepared to pay for the cut and then pay to mail the hair! They did it all!

(don't worry, I did notice the little piece of Adah's hair that is longer, and it has been taken care of :/)
The girls loved doing it and on the way home talked about how good they felt doing this service. I told them it took a year to grow their hair this long, so we'll cut their hair again next July and they can donate again. ;)

Since I am blogging, here are a couple of pictures of our latest adventure...blueberry picking!

Here are our hard workers. We ended up with 6 buckets/34 lbs!
Here are our big blueberry eaters...er, pickers. They ate so much they got tired and needed a nap in the car while we finished up!


Mmmmm...blueberry pancakes with blueberry syrup!

10 Comments:

  • Kendra - that picture of all the kids after the haircuts is one of the cutest things ever in the entire history of ever.

    By Blogger Dehn and Catherine Craig, At July 22, 2010 at 12:46 AM  

  • Wow, that really is some Great Clips! Nice they do all that for you. Cute haircuts. Good deeds. And good pancakes. Yum.

    By Blogger Holli, At July 22, 2010 at 12:58 AM  

  • LOVE IT!!! That is awesome! I know the feeling of donating your hair, done it a few times myself ~ it's wonderful! Kendra was very excited to hear about what the girls did and see the pictures. She cut her hair a few months ago but it was not long enough to donate :(
    And love the blueberries too! Wish we had access to that! EnJoY!

    By Blogger Mark Katy, At July 22, 2010 at 3:33 PM  

  • As I was showing this post to Kendra, Travis was looking over our sholder. I hear him sooo softly say (almost as if just to himself) "oooooo pretty girls!"
    That they are! We miss you.

    By Blogger Mark Katy, At July 22, 2010 at 3:38 PM  

  • Way to go girls! someone is lucky to get your lovely locks :) Their new hair cuts are soo cute! I am SO VERY JEALOUS of your blueberries!!!

    By Blogger Adam Jensen, At July 23, 2010 at 1:12 AM  

  • I'm going to have to ask my niece if she gets a free haircut whenever she donates her hair. That is awesome!

    I need to hide this post from Ashlyn cuz she just asked me the other day if she could get her hair cut that short. I kind of like it longer but I may have to give in. Cute girls!

    By Blogger Heidi, At July 23, 2010 at 4:01 PM  

  • They look beautiful! Love the haircuts. Umm...I'm a little bitter because I had to pay full price for Marie's haircut, when she did locks of love! Lame, Lame, Lame! :)

    By Blogger Marlise, At July 23, 2010 at 4:45 PM  

  • Gorgeous girls. I want to hang out with them.

    And look at those silly boys stuffed silly! That photo cracks me up.

    By Blogger Broek, At July 24, 2010 at 10:39 PM  

  • oh how that brings back memories with makinley. i think by next spring her hair may be long enough to donate again. she wants an a-line so bad.
    i love your post of 'cool' and 'not cool'. the hairnets made me LOL!

    By Blogger Staci, At July 27, 2010 at 4:46 PM  

  • Cute kiddos! Darling hair on the girls!

    By Blogger Leah, At August 11, 2010 at 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home