Johnson's Corner

Friday, July 9, 2010

Where do I start?

I am trying to decide what is "cool" and "not cool" to include in my over-due blog update...
COOL!
not cool.
(so bugged by my left lazy eyelid thing, what is with me?)
COOL!
not cool, mom.
COOL!
(after church he spilled on himself, so changed his clothes to PJ shirt and jeans, put church shoes back on and then asked me to spike his hair. I did, and he looked in the mirror with a huge grin and ran off yelling, "YES! I look SO COOL!" Really, honey?)
not cool.
(still thinking it is cool to wear the disposable hair net and apron after our volunteer day...I guess it's cute)


We have been busy busy! Erik's dad flew into town on June 28th and we have been playing ever since. We went to one of the farmer's markets and bought honey, honey sticks, blueberries and cherries. With the cherries, Erik made homemade cherry chocolate chip ice cream! SO good. With the blueberries I made a pie and Erik made muffins. SO good, again!

Then we went to the Gilmore Car Museum in Richland. It was really cool! Unlike my husband, I am not a huge fan of cars. I mean, I can appreciate them, but don't know the year, make and model of any car you could ever see. But even I loved this place and we spent 3 1/2 hours walking around looking at cars and even the kids didn't get sick of it! It was great. One of the best parts was this old diner they have and we ate lunch there. Erik and I got their pulled pork sandwiches that came with their homemade coleslaw and that was so yummy. The kids loved the old soda bottles too.



I could have shown you the 43 pictures I took of cars we looked at, but instead, I wanted to amaze you with this...the price of gas was once so low that they priced per FIVE GALLONS!?
This car earned posting because of this crazy seat on the OUTSIDE. Is that for your kid? I mean who would sit there!?
(**This just in - just when I thought this little seat could not be crazier, I was reminded that the sign near it said the little seat is for the chauffeur if the owner feels like driving his awesome ride! Yikes!)

We also went to the Air Zoo, which we have been to before and it is really neat.


How cute is this picture?




Seriously? This was an exhibit they just put up. I had no idea there were women pilots during WWII! This story is sad to me. Grrr.

Next up...Fourth of July (actually, 3rd) celebrations - parade and BBQ/pool party with friends!
can't wave too much at the fire trucks!
can't have enough grapes.
#2 craziest thing I have ever seen in a 4th of July parade.
#1 craziest thing I have ever seen in a 4th of July parade.
Not only does that horse have a Christmas bow on his bum, he also has painted on him "4 Sale" along with a phone number! How sad it that!?

5 Comments:

  • looks like you guys have been having so much fun! the farmers market sounds great and I can't believe the WASP story!

    By Blogger Adam Jensen, At July 9, 2010 at 11:29 PM  

  • Love the pics. Specially the "not cool mom"!! Kalamazoo its so much fun, there is tons of things to do around here. I'm glad to hear Erik likes to cook, I know I always appreciate when Randy cooks dinner for me.

    By Blogger Liza, At July 10, 2010 at 9:38 AM  

  • You look like you are all really enjoying living there. SOunds like there is a ton of fun things to see/do. I am just as behind as you and guess I now need to get the motivation to up-date my blog. Thanks for sharing all the pics and giving a up-date!

    By Blogger Jason and Summer, but really just Summer, At July 10, 2010 at 12:44 PM  

  • Sounds like you are getting to see the sights and making lots of friends Oh and Devree would tell you that having a lazy eye is nothing compared to having a "lazy side of your face".

    By Blogger Shana Hamblin, At July 11, 2010 at 9:51 PM  

  • Ok, I now want to live in Kalamazoo!

    I don't think I've ever seen Erik with that much facial hair!

    Also, I just got a book from the library about the WASP. I'll let you know how it is.

    By Blogger Heidi, At July 15, 2010 at 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home