Johnson's Corner

Monday, August 23, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SETH!

HaPPy BiRthDaY SeTH!
Two years ago today this little guy joined our family!
A few months old.
You don't say!
His first birthday.
I adore this face! It's so squishy!
See what I mean? Here he is, about 13 months old.
My handsome little man, 14 months old.


My little guy, my baby, my Seth-y pie! I can totally believe he is TWO today because, well, he is just busting at the seams to grow up. But I am dying inside! He is my supposed to stay my baby! But his personality helps me cope.




Seth is a lovable guy. He gives great hugs and kisses and asks for more hugs and kisses at least 3 more times after being put to bed. He is SO good at sharing for being the youngest. He likes to make sure everyone is happy - like in the car he sits next to Rhys and will say, "Rhys - do you like me, Rhys? Rhys, do you love me, Rhys?"
One of my favorite pictures ever. Ever ever EvEr!

He is quick to say thank you. He is so good at playing on his own too. Seth is thinning out, much to my disappointment, but I guess it is a good thing that we stop calling him "chubs" before he remembers it for the rest of his life!

For his birthday, we had some eggs, bacon and cinnamon rolls for breakfast and chicken fettuccine alfredo for dinner. Did I not mention that he picked out these meals himself? Well, that would be because I chose for him. Seth is such a good eater, I don't think he has favorites, it's all good!

I think I outdid myself with this cake. Why would I load candy on top of frosting on top of cake...oh, and put marshmallows and cookies on it too?
I know I should not admit this, BUT when my kids are really young and we already have a billion things for them to play with, I hate buying junk. SO, I was at a garage sale looking for some school things and I found this set of Cowboys and Indians! I guess the term they used on the box was "The Wild West Set." Holy Cow, as soon as I saw it I knew my boys would go NUTS! Total score, they lOVe it! Best $2 I have ever spent on a birthday gift.




My parents also got him some CARS that make LOTS of noise and go on their own. Also a big BIG hit. I am loving watching him play with his new toys, and of course, share them so nicely with his brother.

Seth is a wonderful part of our family, and I can't imagine us without him. He is a crack up. Love this guy! Happy Birthday Seth!

9 Comments:

  • Happy Birthday, Big Guy!! He's growing up so quickly. Score on the birthday gift and good job on the cute cake!

    By Blogger Holli, At August 23, 2010 at 11:11 PM  

  • Happy Birthday Seth! I can't believe how big he is getting. The pictures were great -- such a cutie. That cake is cool! I think I stared at the picture for 2 minutes trying to figure out how you made the popcorn do that. I must know the secret.

    And, um, I kind of want to play with the Wild West Set, too...

    By Blogger Brenny, At August 24, 2010 at 10:31 AM  

  • He is so grown up. I remember when he was just a baby. What a cutie! His birthday cake was adorable!

    By Blogger Shana Hamblin, At August 24, 2010 at 11:20 AM  

  • Happy Birthday Seth! You are such a cutie! Great job on the Western toys! Was it one of the garage sales I had mentioned?

    By Blogger Kasey, At August 24, 2010 at 11:27 AM  

  • Great post! I went to bed on his birthday thinking, "Oh shoot--I meant to call!" Yeah, I'm lame. Though I don't know that he really missed the call! :) But I was thinking of him. He is adorable--such great pictures of him! And you are totally awesome with that cake! WOW. So well done, and a major sugar rush! :)

    By Blogger Marlise, At August 24, 2010 at 1:24 PM  

  • oh happy late bday. i just love that little man. he's so... squishy...to use your exact words. i can't believe how big he is. i miss you guys!

    By Blogger Staci, At August 26, 2010 at 12:03 AM  

  • I tried really hard to wait to have Rylan on Seth's birthday :) awesome cake! I am so impressed!

    By Blogger Natalie and Tyler, At August 28, 2010 at 3:25 PM  

  • I had forgotten that Seth and Jackson share a birthday. Fun stuff!

    By Blogger Heidi, At August 31, 2010 at 1:11 PM  

  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY SETH!

    I had a dream I was feeding Seth non stop. Probably because I want him to stay chubby forever too, agh!

    By Blogger Broek, At August 31, 2010 at 4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home