Johnson's Corner

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

We're Still Alive and Kicking!

I have failed to keep us on the radar for the last two months. It came to my attention when people I know, people I know rather well, were asking me "what is going on with you guys!?" The truth is, craziness has been our life for about 7 months now.

In June, Erik was offered a position at the firm he worked for previously in Greeley, CO. We were excited to move back west - close to family and familiarity. Erik had enjoyed working for this firm, and was happy to return. We were ready to finally settle down and put in some roots. No, seriously, we were going to do it this time.

By mid-June we were getting settled in Colorado. It had been an exhausting move, at least for me, because I was nearing the end of a really tough pregnancy. But with the help of friends and family, we made it.

By early or mid - July, I was starting to feel VERY pregnant. People kept asking me if I was having twins. "Nope, I just have big babies." But as you probably know...

On July 22nd, an ultrasound confirmed twins.

July 31st, at 38 weeks, I went into labor, had a c-section, and we suddenly had 6 children!

One week after the twins were born, Erik went back to work. On that day, August 8th, Erik was laid off...along with half the company.

On October 25th, Erik started a job in Los Angeles, CA. He went down there to give it a go and the kids and I stayed in Colorado. We wanted to make sure the job was the right fit before moving our family to L.A.

On December 7th, Erik quit the job in L.A. and drove home to Colorado. Glad we found out it wasn't right BEFORE we moved our family down there!

Early January Erik accepted a position with an engineering firm in Las Vegas. We had all come down to Vegas for his final interview and to look for a place to live. We stayed at my brother's house for about a week. Then Erik went back to Greeley to get everything packed up and brought to Vegas. The kids and I went and stayed a week at my parents house close by.

Now we are living in Las Vegas. Everything is good. We are blessed, life is good. That's our update in a nutshell, I guess! Any questions? :)

Here are some pictures of what we were doing while in Southern Utah / Las Vegas and now...

Hanging out with great-grandma Craig
(I am not responsible for the quality of this photo, but I surely appreciate the little girl who took it.)
Starting solids at about 6 months.
Learning to knit.
Playing with cousins!
And just some nice relaxation.
It's now official, we've added the leaf to extend the table so the twins can join us.


Making pajama pants with Aunt Sarah!
A very happy valentine's day.
And these two are in separate cribs now. I know, kinda sad, but they are too aware of each other now and they're just getting too big! They're scooting across the floor too! Ahhh! Stop growing you precious little things!



11 Comments:

  • Crazy is right! I hope things can settle down for you in Vegas. I've been wondering and worrying about you guys for awhile, I'm glad to get the scoop. :) Love ya!

    By Blogger Sara, At February 23, 2012 at 11:21 AM  

  • Oh my goodness Kendra--I had no idea you guys were in the middle of all that! I'm so glad you are settling into Vegas now and I hope things are getting back to "regular" crazy with your cute family. We love you guys and wish you the best in Vegas!

    By Blogger Jennie and Adam, At February 23, 2012 at 2:58 PM  

  • Wow, you AMAZING woman! That was quite a long time without Erik and with 6 little kids to tend on your own! What a crazy busy story. I'm happy that you're finally at "home"! Those twins of yours are too dang cute. Looking forward to more!

    By Blogger Melanie, At February 23, 2012 at 10:22 PM  

  • Enjoyed the update, AND the pictures. Hope things work out for you in Vegas, and you finally get to settle down for a while!

    By Blogger Robin V, At February 23, 2012 at 10:25 PM  

  • So...being family, I knew all that craziness going on. And yet, when you write it out--it's still amazing to me! :) You guys are awesome! I miss you, though. But that's okay, right? I'm allowed! :) And I want to see the twins!! They are getting so big! When we read the "Olivia counting book"--and it counts "4 Aunts", Janson STILL says, "Aunt. Like Aunt Kendra!" :) You're missed.

    By Blogger Marlise, At February 24, 2012 at 1:00 AM  

  • Wow, talk about getting hit with everything all at once! I'm so glad you're on the end of that trial and that everything worked out. That's a lot of stress, but you sure are amazing and capable of so much! Glad to hear the update!

    By Blogger Unknown, At February 24, 2012 at 8:35 PM  

  • Sorry, I still can't figure out why it keep saying I'm unknown. That last comment was me, your old roommate Stephanie!

    By Blogger Unknown, At February 24, 2012 at 8:36 PM  

  • Holy cow sista! We REALLY need to chat . . .

    It's gonna happen.

    hugs!

    Anna

    By Blogger AnnaBanana, At February 25, 2012 at 12:08 PM  

  • So now that you're in Vegas.. Can I plan on seeing you in Provo this fall at football game? Because that would make me REALLY happy :) I'm glad everything worked out for you guys. Even if it was a little crazy!

    By Blogger Natalie and Tyler, At February 25, 2012 at 4:13 PM  

  • Wow Kendra- that sounds so very stressful. I don't know how you stayed sane but I'm glad you did. I hope this job in Vegas works out! We need to get together :)

    By Blogger CL, At February 27, 2012 at 12:04 AM  

  • that is just too crazy of a year or two. you always have such a positive attitude. i've always admired that about you. I'm jealous of you being out west..i miss it. I'm glad life has finally, finally! settled down. your children are breathtaking and you are a superstar.

    By Blogger Emily, At June 1, 2012 at 3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home