Johnson's Corner

Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Birthday Girls



Oh these two...what would I do without them? No, seriously, what? They are my right (and sometimes left) arm! They are smart, funny, helpful, loving, energetic, attentive, patient, and obedient.



This week we celebrated their birthdays. I think every year I try to blog about their birthdays separately because I never want them to feel like they were cheated. And yet, THEY often throw themselves in together since they are so close, and I don't think any of us would have it any other way.


Adah turned 9 on Tuesday. We spent the day doing some fun things like shopping for new shoes (for both girls) and going to the park. Her meal choices were french toast and strawberries for breakfast, tuna sandwiches with pickles for lunch, steak and spinach salad for dinner, and rootbeer floats for her birthday dessert. Some gifts she received were a hairbrush for her doll, a movie, a watch, and some money from grandparents.

Madelyn turned 8 on Saturday. She will be baptized on April 7th, and she is counting the days! So she received her first set of scriptures with her name engraved on them and a tote. She also received a hairbrush for her doll, a watch, a wallet, and some money from grandparents. Her meal choices were cherry rolls for breakfast, In-N-Out for lunch, fish for dinner, and girl clown ice cream cones for her birthday dessert.



Also, a week ago, Erik and I were able to take Adah and Madelyn out just the four of us! No little kids (thanks Craigs for babysitting)! It is not something we get to do much, just taking the oldest two, so it was a special birthday treat. They had been dying to try a buffet...for Madelyn it's ALL about the seafood. So, we introduced her to all-you-can-eat crab legs and shrimp! And they just about died when they saw all the desserts - they even had cotton candy!



These two girls do so much together and are a great team. But they are also VERY different. It happens often that people will ask if they are twins or they have a hard time telling them apart. SeRiOuSlY!?

Adah likes pinks and purples, likes to keep things moving, is very active, loves to take care of babies, likes to listen to adult's conversations, is good at applying skills to real life, always likes to play with other people and loves to laugh.



Madelyn likes blues, loves to read, likes focusing on things until they are done, likes a tidy house, writes notes to her mom often, enjoys being around other people but also enjoys her time alone and she likes to tell you about things she has learned.

4 Comments:

  • What beautiful girls! I still remember when you told Sara and I that you were expecting #2 and Adah was only a few months old. I was so shocked :) But of course, you handled it like a pro and I'm sure it is such a blessing to have them close.

    By Blogger Evaly, At April 2, 2012 at 11:52 PM  

  • Great post! I am glad they had such great birthdays! They are beautiful girls:) miss you all!

    By Blogger Kasey, At April 3, 2012 at 6:51 PM  

  • I love those girls!

    By Blogger Ken Craig, At April 5, 2012 at 12:06 AM  

  • Oh. My. Goodness. I miss these girls! That third picture takes me back to when I lived with you guys....they have grown up so much! I love all these pictures of them together--they really do look like twins! (I guess you could say it's almost like you have three sets of twins!). :) I love these girls and SOOOO want to see you guys soon!

    By Blogger Marlise, At April 6, 2012 at 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home