Johnson's Corner

Thursday, March 27, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADAH!



Today Adah turned 5 years old. We let her pick breakfast (pancakes), lunch (roastbeef sandwiches) and dinner (enchiladas). She picked to have ice cream cones tonight (cake will be for their party tomorrow). She got some fun presents from her family and she knows there is more to come. Tonight before bed I told her the story of the day of her birth and she loved that. Tomorrow she and Madelyn will share their birthday party. This year I was a mean mom and made them each only pick 3 friends. I figured 8 little girls was quite a bit...but I feel mean because if they got to have separate parties, I would let them have that many each. Mean? I know, but that's me.

5 Comments:

  • Well, if that's mean than I must be the worst ever, cause my kids only got family parties last year! :) Happy Birthday girls- hope you have fun!

    By Blogger Evaly, At March 27, 2008 at 10:54 PM  

  • They probably have a lot of similar friends anyway being close in age. So it's like they got 8 kids at their party if it was their own party. Plus I once read that it's good to have one kid per year of their age at a party, so that would have been 4 friends for Adah and 3 for Madelyn if they were having their own party. I'm sure they are excited for their party!

    By Blogger Holli, At March 27, 2008 at 11:05 PM  

  • Evaly - we do a family party every-other-year. So last year they only had a family party, this year they get friends. I try to keep it somewhat sane, yet somewhat fun for them. :)

    By Blogger Johnson Family, At March 28, 2008 at 10:26 AM  

  • Happy Birthday, Adah! We're excited to see you guys tomorrow. Tried to call, but didn't get a hold of you....just know we were thinking of Adah on her big day! :)

    By Blogger Marlise, At March 28, 2008 at 2:49 PM  

  • Happy Birthday Adah! I wish Libster could be one of the three!

    By Blogger Sara, At March 29, 2008 at 6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home