Our First Garden...
We were fortunate enough to rent a house that the previous occupants had a very large garden. We have wanted to be those really good Mormons that have a garden for a long time...finally the Lord dumped it in our laps and we knew we just had to do it. It is really satisfying and we are just looking forward to eating it all. So far we have had a very yummy strawberry, some tastey cilantro and delicious green onions. We are awaiting tomatoes, zucchini, green beans, red bell peppers, jalapenos, grapes, raspberries, blueberries, and we had a watermelon plant, but it only survived a week or so...? Oh, and the onions and some carrots had come back on their own from said previous occupants, but I think that the soil not having been prepared really hindered their growth...I mean, we do live sort of in the dessert...soil must be prepared.
This is what it looked like when we moved in...after the house had been vacant for who knows how long...my sweet mother came over and helped me pull it all out.

Here is before we planted anything - when nothing but weeds were growing.

And here is where we are today...



This is what it looked like when we moved in...after the house had been vacant for who knows how long...my sweet mother came over and helped me pull it all out.
Here is before we planted anything - when nothing but weeds were growing.
And here is where we are today...

4 Comments:
That looks great!
By
Darcy, At
June 23, 2009 at 1:25 AM
It really does look great! You are farther along than we are here. You'll get to eat those tomatoes in no time.
And I'm jealous of your beautiful berry. Some animal got to ours before we did...
By
Brenny, At
June 23, 2009 at 9:28 AM
Wow! What a difference! I tried a garden once with my wonderful Square Foot Gardening book, but then the tree in our back yard grew leaves and shaded everything from the sun. Needless to say nothing grew. Now that our tree is gone I'm REALLY looking forward to trying my hand at it again next summer. I'm always so jealous of people who can just go out to the garden to pick some tomatoes for their salad! That's awesome!
By
Stephanie, At
June 23, 2009 at 11:00 AM
Yay! I love a nice garden.
By
Rob & Julie, At
July 11, 2009 at 5:11 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home