Rhys is TWO!
It was a happy birthday to Rhys. He received a t-ball set from Grandparents, the CARS movie from our family, I took the kids to the lake all day, then we came home for homemade pizza and cake (thanks for the tips, Steph!) and ice cream. He loved the balloons and streamers and all the attention.
Birthday Breakfast: waffle, eggs, blueberries


Something that actually convinced Seth to crawl!




Rhys couldn't keep his fingers out of the cake...and we were gone most of the day!

Birthday Breakfast: waffle, eggs, blueberries
Something that actually convinced Seth to crawl!
Rhys couldn't keep his fingers out of the cake...and we were gone most of the day!

8 Comments:
Happy Birthday little guy! Kendra, the cake looks awesome! You did a great job!
By
Stephanie, At
June 18, 2009 at 2:10 AM
Happy Birthday Rhys! The cake was so cool. I think I stared at it for 5 minutes just taking in its beauty... Where exactly does one find black frosting?
By
Brenny, At
June 18, 2009 at 10:18 AM
Happy Birthday Rhys! The cake is darling!
By
Evaly, At
June 18, 2009 at 10:38 AM
Brenda - the black frosting is a tip my cake decorating friend, Stephanie (see above comment) told me - you start with chocolate frosting and then they actually sell different blacks - food coloring, gels, etc. If you start with black frosting, it really isn't hard.
By
Johnson Family, At
June 18, 2009 at 10:49 AM
Happy Birthday, Rhys! What a fun day. I totally made that SAME cake for Craig a few years ago!! Good taste. :-)
By
Holli, At
June 18, 2009 at 11:09 AM
And yes, I noticed the black turned out such a great black color! I bet it tasted yummy too!
By
Stephanie, At
June 19, 2009 at 12:05 AM
Happy Birthday to Rhys!! It looks like it was a GREAT day--such a happy guy! And Seth is crawling! YAY! :)
By
Marlise, At
June 21, 2009 at 12:07 AM
Chocolate frosting to black! That was such an aha moment for me... thanks! Cute cake, cute kids! Happy birthday Rhys!!!
By
Heidi, At
June 22, 2009 at 1:14 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home